JOIN A DIFFERENT TEAM! Our client is one of the leading companies in Switzerland in the management of information systems. This company, made up of passionate specialists in advanced IT infrastructures, enables its clients, through its professional services, to focus on their core business.
We are now looking for an experienced person like:
Microsoft SQL SERVER CONSULTANT
BASEL, Bern or Zurich
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES As a member of the consultant team, located either in Basel, Bern or Zurich, you want to develop your career into the direction of consultancy.
Your accountability will be to contribute in a responsible and independent way to the success of projects based on MS SQL Server technologies, preparing pre-sales appointments and presenting customer projects. Once approved, implementation will be under your responsibility.
You also accompany our customers on site in the different phases of projects, such as:
- Support for MS database environments and infrastructure, including job scheduling, high availability, scalability, and performance.
- Installation and configuration of instances
- Database maintenance
- Performance and tuning
- PowerShell and T-SQL development
- HA: mirroring / Log-shipping / AlwaysOn / Clustering
- You are a consultant or wish to become a consultant and have an HES, EPF or equivalent degree.
- You are specialized in designing, implementing, maintaining and optimizing Microsoft infrastructures.
- You are enthusiastic about group projects, but you can also very well work on your own.
- You are fluent in German. Good knowledge of English is required.
- Your Work Experience and Training
Your Work Experience and Education: You completed a higher education in computer science with a degree in engineering, Master, HES, ETS or equivalent and can justify an experience of at least 5 years with Microsoft SQL Server. Your knowledge and experiences include the following technologies:
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012,2014,2016 and 2017
- SQL Always On high availability groups, including troubleshooting and performance tuning
- T-SQL and Powershell scripting automation, task scheduling, capacity management and index maintenance
- Knowledge of replication technologies (transactional, merger)
- PowerShell scripts
Knowledge of other technologies, such as those mentioned below, is a plus:
- SQL Server on Azure
- SQL Server on IAAS and Azure SQL DB
- SQL Server on Linux and Docker
- SQL Server BI (SSIS, SSAS and SSRS)
The achievement of following certifications is a plus:
- MCSA SQL Server 2012/2014 or SQL Server 2016 Database Administration
- MSCE Data Management & Analytics
WE OFFER Joining us means integrating a dynamic company with highly skilled experts, allowing you to develop your technical knowledge in a very motivating environment. We will provide you with a wide array of internal and external development courses. We have been labeled as a “Great Place To Work” thanks to our excellent working conditions.