ENGINEERING THE FUTURE! As a System Engineer, you have a significant impact on the performance of Switzerland's critical infrastructure. Our customer is a national organisation acting in a European network in electricity transmission and trading. With access to the federal level and the military, the transmission network of the future is to be created to benefit the Swiss economy. The high standards and the traditionally high quality in support of all contractors and customers are regarded internationally as a role model. With several locations in Switzerland, this company offers state-of-the-art jobs for around 500 employees from 24 nations. The core of this in the Control-Centre, whose workplaces are unique in their importance and attractiveness and outstanding security equipment. On behalf of our customer, we are now looking for an experienced and curious personality for their headquarters in AARAU as
System Engineer - UNIX Systems
RESPONSIBILITY In this role, you will be responsible for system management of the Linus/Unix systems, primarily Solaris and Linux RadHat, as well as ensuring efficient operation of these systems. You will take on the following tasks:
- Developing infrastructures in line with the defined standards, as well as monitoring the functionality and capacity of the systems and services
- Designing and implementing application-relevant services and maintaining close contact with the business side of the organisation
- Arranging and implementing necessary maintenance work, such as security updates and version updates, in addition to identifying faulty states and initiating measures to minimise susceptibility to failure
- Compliance with the defined ITIL processes in your area of responsibility
- On-call service
For this position we are looking for an innovative and solution-oriented team player. You like to take responsibility, act independently and you feel at ease in a fast-changing technological environment. We are looking for a creative, assertive, committed personality with a passion for the digital world who knows to walk the talk. In addition, you should have the following:
- IT degree from University/University of Applied Sciences or equivalent qualification/training
- In-depth experience in designing, developing, operating and providing support for IT infrastructures, as well as an understanding of the dependencies between various architecture components within a client/server infrastructure
- Broad experience in operating complex infrastructures (enterprise environment) with a focus on Solaris 10 and Linux RedHat 6/7, ideally with experience in VMware ESX 6, Windows Server 2012/2016
- Substantial experience in collaborating on larger projects and ideally an ITIL Foundation certificate
- Good communication skills to present and explain complex topics in a manner appropriate to the audience during presentations
- Good English skills are mandatory, although fluent German is not a must, you are willing to learn and improve German continually.
YOUR PERSPECTIVES This company of the top class offers you an expert position, which will have a lasting impact on your professional development and provide exciting career opportunities. You will have a chance to establish new standards in the energy sector and the protection of critical infrastructures, both nationally and internationally. In doing so, you represent the highest safety standards that are currently technologically feasible. With the headquarters' current new building, you can also expect one of the most modern working environments in Switzerland with highly flexible models for all employees. The employment package corresponds to the very competitive benefits of one of the most exclusive companies in Switzerland.